Well let me tell you something... the Mister and I L.O.V.E.D. them. I made a few alterations so I'm going to list my version here as the link to the recipe on Pinterest is different from the picture and instructions.
Ingredients (for 1 box of 10 count taco shells):
2 chicken breasts
1 can of black beans
1 can of chicken broth
1 packet of spicy taco seasoning
1 packet of spicy ranch
OPTIONAL: Spices of choice (I sprinkled some onion, crushed red pepper, garlic seasoning as well... but only a dash)
1. I had my chicken already thawed out - so I chopped it up into pieces and tossed 'em in the crock pot. If you have frozen chicken breasts, I bet just tossing em in frozen and tearing them up later would work too.
2. Sprinkle the taco and ranch packets overtop the chicken in the crockpot.
3. Add beans & chicken broth to crockpot.
4. Cook on LOW for 6 hours (if using frozen chicken, maybe add some time to it). FYI: I set mine to go on "Warm" after the 6 hrs is finished...
When you're ready to eat...
5. Cook taco shells (follow instructions on box). The Mister likes crunchy so we went with crunchy.
6. While shells are cooking, chop up that tomato & lettuce and get the cheese and sour cream out of the fridge.
7. Fix up your dish and enjoy!
The mister ate a TON of tacos and we both decided it was a hit. So easy and so flavorful! We also think it could be served over Spanish rice in the winter as that juice in the crockpot was DELICIOUS.
I for one, love, love, love nachos so I broke up a few shells and poured the chicken and beans mix (along with the juice) over my broken up shells and topped accordingly (sorry I didn't get a pic of those because I inhaled them).
Much love! I'm off to Kentucky for the week! can't. stinkin. wait.
See you on the flip side!