Well folks, tomorrow is the big day: Babies' first airplane ride.
Lord help us. & Lord bless the people on our flight.
But for real, I have to admit I am 50% pumped about going home to introduce our girls to the great state of Kentucky & 50% terrified about flying with infants. There are a lot of things that give me a bit of anxiety (germs, crying, feeding them, getting them off their schedule, cloth diapers, packing for 3, their little ears during take off/landing, and the list could go on and on and on)...
So any folks who have traveled with babies feel free to holler back with tips. I'm definitely willing to try WHATEVER. Thankfully, my dad is flying out here and is going to lend a hand with the girls (& luggage) during the trip. Needless to say, he's pretty excited.
And... I'm also excited. And that's what I'm trying to focus on instead of the massive to-do list and anxiety prevention list I have running through my brain. :)
So to get my mind off of the anxious things, here are a few things I'm really excited about:
1. Introducing the girls to the people at Pathway Baptist Church. Oh my goodness - these people are FAMILY and I can't stinkin' wait for the girls to meet them.
2. Getting some quality time at HOME , in the house I grew up in, with family.
3. Getting my hair did at my fav. hair salon in the world. It's also where I got ready for our wedding (insert sentimental tear).
4. Hopefully grabbing lunch at Patti's one day.
5. Seeing good friends and having good convos over a good cup of coffee.
6. Just being in the state of Kentucky makes my heart happy... especially at Christmas time.
Also, just for fun... The last time I flew home... I looked like this. :)