Ok yall, it's been a while since I've had a training update. First off I want to thank you for your continued prayers and support. Thus far we've raised over $1,000 for Team SP! That is AMAZING. Thank you! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I received an update from Team SP this week that had a lot of encouraging news and I wanted to share it with you. Your support has already gone towards great work being done in Kihuura, Uganda. Thus far your money has gone towards:
- The establishment and training of 5 water user committees in the Kihuura area
- The construction of a well in each of five villages of the Kihuura sub county in Western Uganda
- Providing access for more than 1,200 community members to safe clean drinking water
- Providing more than 2,000 community members with training in proper hygiene and sanitation
The picture above and one below were sent from the team on the ground in Uganda. These are lives that have been changed because of your generosity so THANK YOU.
But we're not done yet! We still have $2000 to go in order to reach our goal and I still have 11 1/2 weeks of training. I went to a sports doctor on Wednesday and bought a new pair of shoes because evidently my old shoes were causing me to strain my ankle and achille's tendon... so these next few weeks of training will be hard physically and mentally, but I'm excited about the next few months. It'll definitely be a challenge, but we can do this.
Please continue to pray:
- Pray for me. Pray for endurance, pray for physical strength - specifically in my right ankle and achilles tendon, and pray for self-discipline. This marathon has been much harder to train for than my last.
- Pray for the people of Kihuura, Uganda. Pray that through Samaritan's Purse's efforts, their community will not only be changed physically, but spiritually.
- Pray for the Samaritan's Purse staff members that are serving in Uganda. Pray for wisdom as God supplies their needs to bless this community.
If you're interested in learning more about this project or in helping us reach our financial goal, click HERE.
Once again, THANK YOU for your amazing support. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude as I hear about the progress in Kihuura!