These little boogers are 9 months old. I can't believe it (Noel - green, Felicity - pink).
I haven't written the girls in a while... so I figured I'd take the opportunity to do so...
I've not been as good at writing you as I'd like... but we've been busy playing, and visiting friends/family. I've not had a ton of time to document everything in word. But oh don't you worry... there are a TON of pictures and videos on my phone to document your growth.
But since you are 9 months now, I did want to at least quickly jot down some things about these past few months.
Crazy things yall have accomplished & things yall love:
- You're both moving like champs, army crawling all over the place. Felicity, you are ALL over the place, girl! You started crawling sooner than your sister and have kept me on my toes ever since. Noel, you can crawl when you want to, but you're pretty content staying in one spot playing with what's in front of you. You're more of a talker than a mover.
- You both have 2 teeth & are working on the top ones.
- Noel, you're our talker and you have 3 consonant sounds down (B, P, & D). Felicity, you have 2 (B & P).
- You can't quite sit up yet by yourselves, but you're working on it.
- YOU LOVE YOUR EXERSAUCER.
- You love it when your Daddy comes home.
- You don't love it when strangers pick you up - hello panic attack.
- You get GIDDY when you wake up from a nap and we walk into the room. The first smile/giggle post-nap is always the best!
- You love your stuffed giraffe.
- You love cords/wires/outlets.
- You'd prefer to play with water bottles/cords/cups/boxes over actual toys.
- You just discovered that you can crawl into the kitchen area... that carpet/hardwood boundary has officially been crossed.
- Felicity, you just discovered that you can make yourself gag when I feed you something you don't like.
- Noel, you eat just about anything I put in your mouth.
- You both smile and giggle A LOT when you're at home. When you're out in public, you are pretty stoic, observing everything.
- You recognize a bottle and can hold it all by yourself.
- You both LOVE music. When we take you to church and they sing, yall start "singing" too. It's amazing.
- Felicity, you are our feeler. You definitely feel things deeply and you're our very sensitive child. You have no problem letting us know what you feel or want. You are also our busy girl! You are on the go NON-STOP. You are so curious about everything and like to check everything out.
- Noel, you're our chill baby. You are content just playing on a blanket and feeling tags and different textures. You love to feel different textiles. You go with the flow and only get upset when you're either in pain, have a dirty diaper, are hungry, or exhausted.
- You both are GOOD babies and are very similar developmentally. It doesn't take much to make you laugh or smile. :)
- When you're upset, taking you outside calms you down EVERY time. You both love to be outside.
I don't know how much you weigh and how tall you are yet, but we have your 9 month appointment on Monday. We'll figure it out then... but you have MOST DEFINITELY grown. You're finally in 6-9 month clothes and I can see that you're "catching up" quickly.
More than anything in the world, I want you to know how much you're loved. We live in a society where being a stay at home mom & driving a minivan isn't the coolest. But you should know that I LOVE IT and it is absolutely the best choice for our family. I wouldn't want to miss these days for the world. In fact, I can't tell you how many times your dad and I say to one another while holding one or both of you, "I want to remember this moment forever." I wouldn't miss those moments for the whole world, baby girls. Motherhood is a lot of hard work & self-sacrifice (hellllllllo sanctification), but thus far, these have been the greatest months of my entire life. Any success and accomplishments pail in comparison to these moments with you. I pray that one day you will know the joy of loving a tiny baby, & in that moment be reminded of the love that I have for you. And then, in that moment realize that my love for you pails in comparison to God's love for you. For our love for each other is but a picture of a greater love.
You are loved little ones, oh so loved. Happy 9 months sweet girls!